"Baby Steps to Giant Strides" #1

11:30

Stuck.



I have emphasised (for some reason) that I am an unemployed graduate many times on this blog or as a reader (not that I'm proud of it). I don't know why but I think it's my way of trying to make myself face reality.

I am facing reality - need a job and i need to do SO many other things and i mean so many... that at the end of the day it's not even that much. So, I better get my life sorted. In other words, " STOP! Being so LAZY!" I also need to figure out what I want to do for a future career. I have a degree in Maths and Finance, I achieved a 2:1, that's great! But after the degree I just can't say I'm motivated to find a maths or finance related job. I think it's because I am so used to people around me always talking about "Business, Finance, Accountants, CFO, Auditor, Engineering, Law, Management, Customer Service...." if you can relate, you name it! I even ended up giving up my art which I never realised I love so much! But of course, I still draw and it still makes me happy!




Moving on, I can still draw, fine. The next question is "Do I regret choosing Maths and Finance as my degree?". My answer is No. I can't say I love it, but it was definitely an eye-wideing experience and I learnt a lot. It's not that I couldn't do it, I just couldn't and still can't find the core motivation to enjoy it as much as I did. Hence the job-hunting paused and my life has come to a halt.

I'm stuck.

My life is on a hiatus for no reason (I believe)? Then what am I doing now? I am doing...nothing? Well, I am doing the usual "helping parents and relatives out part-time job". I mean I am running between 2 different part time jobs every week for a couple of days a week altogether. But I feel like my life is being really unproductive.



So at the brink of having a gap during life for doing absolutely nothing! What can I do?

I spent more days researching into more jobs that my interests could revolve around. Such as, I love shopping, I love fashion and beauty and so the first thing that comes to mind is working for these stores. Search their job openings and what other future roles they could provide such as graduate schemes.

Next thing is, look online for short courses. Be it online or in a certain college, there should be many courses available. You don't have to choose something super related to what you have studied, it could be something you've never done before and would love to try! Last resort, would be applying for distance learning at OpenUni for a degree/masters qualification which would last as long as any degree/masters qualification, unless specified otherwise.




These are the 2 things I'm currently doing trying to get my life to move on, hopefully soon!

My next objective would be getting my driving license! Maybe.. I should leave that for later! (Haha) Actually I need to go see a dentist too - don't even ask. Lol!






What are you guys planning to do in your future? What are your objectives? Are you stuck too? I am also here to listen to you!! 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    (ღˇ◡ˇ)♥(ˇ∗ˇღ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog!
    welcome to world of blogging :)
    can we follow each other for keep in touch ?
    let me know and I will follow you back inmediately with pleasure:)

    have an inspiring day :*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting guys! If you have anything to say just comment away below! Hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to follow me on either social media possible and come back again! ;) Further enquiries, contact me via e-mail nolifelifelife@gmail.com ! Be it collab, ads, sponsors or even just to keep in touch as friend, e-mail or comment as you like! :)