Small haul, new things!

10:00

Some skin care products, Hot drinks for winter and My life to be continued...


Going to the library from town was my initial objective to do a little book reading and research for the unemployed! Yes, that's me! Trying to look get a job in the management and consultancy industry, I borrowed some books, such a nerd I know. But that's over for now, let's go through the happiness of buying some beauty products and hot drinks I am planning to try now and soon!






Being a Boots loyal customer and buying too many things from Boots, I decided to buy more products from them of course! I had a break-out recently due to temporary work pressure and being in this freezing weather, my skin takes a toll. It is dull and spot marks aren't fading and I am stressing over job, job, jobs! And further stressing over my skin condition. No this is not how my life is going to go, my most important skin condition needs to be fixed and I saw these little products! Some are not new, but I have not tried them! These look exciting and promising because I see many people using them! 






The Garnier Pure Active (Fruit energy) daily energising gel scrub says it is particularly for those with combination/oily skin prone to imperfections and want to get rid of dull skin, excess oil and visible pores by unclogging and visibly tightening those pores. Of course at the same time, cleans your entire face like any other good face wash/scrub. I have already emptied three to four bottles of their Pure Active (Intensive) Charcoal scrub, which is also for those with oily to spot-prone skin. Which is said to fight spots, blackheads, excess sebum and its reappearance as well as fade marks. Should I do a review on this one? I mean I emptied it and all but I know nothing about this whole salicylic acid and stuff lol.

However, I believe I should move on and try new things, and this one looked exciting so I decided to get it!

Next is St. Ives (Fresh skin) Apricot Invigorating Scrub suitable for all skin types and its objective is to gently exfoliate dull surface cells to instantly reveal smooth, radiant skin. I think I've tried like a couple of washes with St. Ives scrubs and they all felt pretty good. I decided to give it go and see if it can reduce the appearance of my current dull skin~! You can't use this everyday though, it is a very gritty scrub. Using it everyday is the same as peeling your new skin off your face which is NOT what you want.

Last but not least, a brand I have never even heard of had caught my attention, in the corner of my eye as they were just underneath the St. Ives shelf. The 'Fade Out' brand which I have never heard of and there aren't many reviews on this brand either. This cream I bought is from the 'Extra Care' line and it is called the 'Brightening day cream SPF 25'. I'm not entirely sure where this might even have come from (this is actually a UK brand and UK make!), since the original Fade out website doesn't even have this product on its webpage. Apparently you get results in 4 weeks, results are supposed to be for whitening and brightening uneven skin tones, de-pigmentation, fade marks to make it look more radiant bright and even. Also at SPF 25 to protect your skin from UV rays! So, we shall see where this will go!





To complete my cold day, i have come across some warm flower teas! I don't like anything  that has a slight bitter or sour taste like pure lemon water, hot lemon tea (not processed or manufactured lemon tea!) and teas like peppermint. But from what I know Camomile has a very warm mellow taste, so I decided to give the two flavours of just 'Camomile' and 'Camomile & Honey' a try.






Results are that the 'Calming Camomile' is literally very 'Calming'. It adds light camomile flavour to the tea and must say I really like it. It has a very light and sweet flavour so if you prefer heavier flavours, I'd suggest trying something else. As for the 'Camomile & Honey'... it was okay? Just a note though, I don't really like honey! I thought I could give this a try and it'll make me like honey a bit more. Unfortunately, it's still not my cup of tea. But it is still 'Calming' and 'Soothing', and if you prefer light hot drinks and a honey fan in hot drinks, then this drink is should be for you! It has the tender camomile flavour with a hint of both taste and scent of honey. The scent comes off as quite strong but doesn't taste strong, so it doesn't overpower the taste of camomile.

Never tried hot drinks much in the cold weather much, other than hot chocolate! So this was a new experience for me - not that it's anything special lol! But I'm glad I tried the Camomile! I quite like it!





Photos taken via iPhone 5 
Note: Sorry for some odd photos - trying out the effects of editing photos on VSCO Cam! :)



Hope you enjoyed this long post on my little haul and life! What have you guys been doing recently? Any little hauls further ready for the wintery seasons to come! Doesn't look like Spring is coming any time soon!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Garnier Pure Active (Fruit energy) daily energising gel scrub sounds good. I've been looking for something to tighten my pores.

    I'm also using St. Ives Face Scrub and I love it. Some people say that it's kind of harsh but I actually like that it's gritty since you can feel that it's actually doing its job.

    Nice post :)

    www.navellina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have really sensitive skin then yes it's very good! With myself having relatively sensitive but blemish-prone skin then it's an amazing scrub! And you don't necessarily have to follow it's instructions :) But must not exceed it's stated number of usage lol :D I was also told other methods of usages for scrubs. Maybe I should do a post on that - because different scrubs have different grittiness :) lol :D

      If you do have oily skin and some blemishes, then this garnier light scrub is perfect for daily washes. It is not harsh and does well for its cleaning job :) Haven't used it long enough yet to see it's complete effect though!

      And thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. i can't believe i haven't tried twinings tea yet, definitely going to get on that!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did until i came across these two! There are many other flavours :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh that Apricot scrub brings me back to my childhood. My mom used to use it, and so when I got in my preteens-teens that was immediately what I started using. I haven't used it in a while, but I do remember it exfoliates the hell out of your skin, lol.

    And also, more tea is always a good idea. I'm glad I'm not the only person who buys multiple boxes at a time :)

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the scrub! so far! lol :) Cleans very well :) and I agree! I mean I'm usually a cold drinks person but I getting hooked on these hot teas! Maybe it's also due to the cold weather :)

      Delete
  4. I love twinnings tea's and they're amazing range of flavours! Good choice - chamomile is so relaxing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these products! I would love to be blogging friends with you xx
    Shirley | Shades of Shirley | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree! :) Never knew Camomile was so good! :) and sure I would love to~! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi dear! Very interesting post. Lovely blog
    Would you like to follow each other? Please let me know on my blog dear. I really want to keep in touch!
    xoxo
    Diana
    www.chaneldea.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul!! :) I haven't used the apricot scrub, but it sounds good!!
    Btw do you mind following each other on bloglovin? Just let me know!:)
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and the scrub is very good! Sure! Now following and love your blog! <3

      Delete
  7. Okay I have that St Ives scrub!! And I'm definitely planning on getting that Garnier scrub,I have the charcoal one currently too! hahah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still using the St Ives Scrub and I am absolutely loving it! The wash smells nice and does give an energising feel to it however is it any better than the other ones? I personally think it does it's job well but not amazing. I was looking for something that does like a change to my face - in any sort of good way. But I think it just cleans, and cleans well. Haha I prefer the charcoal one though - my skin feels better on that one! haha :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting guys! If you have anything to say just comment away below! Hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to follow me on either social media possible and come back again! ;) Further enquiries, contact me via e-mail nolifelifelife@gmail.com ! Be it collab, ads, sponsors or even just to keep in touch as friend, e-mail or comment as you like! :)