Hand care, Lip care and some warmth for the winter!

11:00

Nourishment and Hydration



Other than our stomachs, our skin needs plenty of nourishment and hydration too to stay healthy on a regular basis. And this post is going to be for our hands and lips (and feet)! The parts of our bodies that dry up so quick and are always so uncomfortable when dry!




Hand creams


Starting off with hand creams I recommend these products!




From left to right (and top to bottom) is the 
  1. Soap and Glory - Hand Food (Pocket size)
  2. Nature Republic - Brazil nut hand butter
  3. Atrixo - Enriched Moisturising cream (large and pocketable size)
  4. Nivea - Refreshingly soft moisturising cream (with Jojoba Oil & vitamin E) (Pocket size)


All are exceptionally nourishing, lasts a good long period and are extremely affordable. For Soap & Glory, Atrixo and Nivea hand creams, they all have both a home size and pocket size, so they are extremely handy! I personally use the Atrixo one for home uses and put either pocket sizes in my bag. Whichever may be available!

Other than Nature Republic's hand cream, the rest are drugstore products common in the UK or worldwide. But as for Nature Republic's hand cream, I got this when I was on a holiday trip to Taiwan. However, I know they are available online - whether from retail online or from ebay, yu name it! And are extremely well-known to be promoted by the Korean Pop (or K-Pop - love them!) group, EXO. So if you search and see names such 'EXO', 'EXO-K' or 'EXO-M', they should be related products. This hand cream is one of my favourites because of it's Brazil Nut scent. It's mellow, sweet and nutty. Furthermore, they sell many more other scents. And i mean 'many more'!


Lip care


Moving onto lip care! Of course they are all pocketable sizes! Can't really imagine a huge home size or anything. Other than Vaseline.




From left to right again (and top to bottom), we have
  1. EOS lip balm - blueberry flavour
  2. Nivea - Hydro Care lip balm
  3. Vaseline - Original Petroleum Jelly
  4. Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Lip Protectant stick.
If you have extremely cracked or painful lips (I feel the pain!), then a generous amount of Vaseline, Nivea and Elizabeth Arden's lip balms are the best ones. But for a generous amount and long lasting (whether on lips or the overall product), then the Vaseline lip care is the best one to go for. If you leave the generous amount on over night when sleeping, then the conditions of your lips should be a lot better the next day! If they are even flakier but does not hurt, then it's just dead skin soon to come off. You can either use a lip scrub or do the same thing again for your lips over night.

For quick repair then the Nivea Hydro care or Elizabeth Arden's protectant stick are the best ones to go to. Say, you are out heading somewhere and suddenly realised you need some sort of lip care, then the two mentioned are the best ones.

If you have the habit or are always used to putting on lip balm when you are out, then the EOS, Nivea and Elizabeth Arden have the best designs and are the best lip cares for going out. 

My ultimate favourite is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant stick. Why? Not entirely sure.... I love the Eight hour line by Elizabeth Arden. It's just... perfect! However, it is quite pricey. The stick alone is £20 from Boots. But as for Nivea, Vaseline and EOS they are a whole lot less pricier, with EOS being most expensive of the three, around £5 (more or less - £6.50 from Selfridges & Co). And Vaseline and Nivea lip balms being around £1 or even cheaper.


Cosy Socks 


Primark as always, sell the fluffiest socks and 2 pairs for £2.50... i think. I can't really remember the price but it was something along those lines. Keeping your hands and feet warm and covered up from the dry and cold season is also a good way of keeping your skin from becoming dry!




I recommend these socks to anyone who are prone to being cold as well, they are extremely warm and they are for home lounge wear. I sometimes wear them to sleep because it's just so cold!





Photos taken via iPhone 5



What other hand and lip care would you suggest? Have you tried any of these? What do you think of them?



You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. For lip care, I always go back to using Maybelline Baby Lips. I also love Nivea Pinkish Boost as it gives me a nice, sheer pink tint. No need for lipglosses anymore

    Nice review! :)

    navellina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Maybelline baby lips are very popular! But I think I might have too many lip balms to go through! and i especially want to get that elizabeth arden lip protectant stick again <3 and I don't really wear lip glosses D:

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi dear, Great Blog!
    Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, would you like to follow each other via GFC, G+, Bloglovin? Please let me know on my blog dear: I really want to keep in touch!
    xoxo
    Diana
    www.chaneldea.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really used hand cremes on a consistent basis, but I feel like I should start. They say that wrinkles start on your hands and your neck first, and while I'm always moisturizing my neck I forget my hands. I've heard good things about soap and glory, but never tried the brand. Maybe I should start with a hand cream.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh! I know what you mean! Then I'd suggest to carry one with you instead of having a large size one. I mean the home sized ones can be 'get your cream's worth for what you pay' but it's best you get used to it first! And many brands do small ones! If you keep forgetting then keeping a pocket size one is the best - so if you are in a rush to go out and forget then you'll have a good hand cream in your bag! Once you've gotten used to putting on hand creams, then you'll definitely buy a home sized one! Soap and Glory is a very good brand - however any other ol' good brand is pretty amazing too. The Nivea Soft one lives up to its name - VERY SOFT!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tips! I use some of the same products also. Particularly love the nivea lip balm and soap&glory hand cream, smells lovely too! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, And I agree, they are fabulous :D

      Delete
  5. The winter months for me are also a time where my skin is just dry! I love the body shop hand creams they are soo hydrating and make my hands all soft! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! It's just dry and even if you put creams and moisturisers on, it becomes dry again! I should really try some body shop hand creams. I only try their body butters - but I'm sure they live up to their name ;)

      Delete
  6. Well, I've wanted to get one of Nature Republic's hand creams, but I cannot choose which one >< They all look so good and promising!
    Jenny~
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There is so many to choose from! But, when I saw them I set my eyes on this one - because it's slightly different and definitely very nice!

      Delete
  7. Hi :) I just wanted to drop by and let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my design blog :) Georgia x
    http://thelittlepinkdesignblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry for such a late reply, I have been so busy (better update soon, lol!) and thank you very much!

      Delete
  8. Great picks! I NEED hand cream during the winter especially after washing my hands. I like the look of the nature republic cream.

    Hope you will check out my blog!
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And I agree with you! After being so used to hand cream, I can't do without it after washing my hands! And I am still loving my nature republic hand cream! It's perfect, especially when pocket size! Will check out your blog soon :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting guys! If you have anything to say just comment away below! Hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to follow me on either social media possible and come back again! ;) Further enquiries, contact me via e-mail nolifelifelife@gmail.com ! Be it collab, ads, sponsors or even just to keep in touch as friend, e-mail or comment as you like! :)